Habits are among the culprits why you may suffer from health conditions and issues. There are lifestyle changes that can lead to your lower semen production as well.
Sometimes, you don’t find those habits noticeable, leading to your misconception about your low sperm count and fertility.
If you want to enhance the amount of semen you produce, there is nothing better than altering the things that kill them. Take note that your semen health is largely dependent on your general health.
If you fail to take care of your body in any way possible, there is a possibility that your semen production will get lower.
To be specific, here are habits that kill healthy semen production:
- Processed meat ingestion. If you are trying to impregnate your partner, processed meat may not be the best food this very time. It has been found out by a recent study that sperm quality can be harmed significantly by processed meat. Best examples of the commodity are bacon and sausage. The study indicated that men who ate half of processed meat every day had lower percentage of normally shaped sperm cells compared to those who do not. The results also followed up that fish may be healthy for sperm.
- Testicles overheating. There are habits that cause your testicles temperature to heighten. Great examples of such practices are wearing tight pants and taking hot baths. Your testicles need to be cooler than the rest of your body so that it will produce sufficient amount of sperm. In other words, better wear loose and breathable undergarments and avoid sauna-like baths.
- Alcohol drinking. Moderate liquor drinking is recommended if you want to take care of your sperm health. Too much alcohol leads to lower T levels, resulting to poor production and quality of sperm. If you cannot quit drinking entirely, it is most ideal to settle with moderation.
- High stress levels. If you often let stress overcome your body, you will not find it possible to increase your semen production. Stress is highly correlated to your sexual function. It is best to practice stress management and meditation if possible. Keep yourself feeling calm. Stress hormones, known as cortisol, can inhibit testosterone production by blocking Leydig cells in the body. In other words, when you are under too much stress, you will also be stopping sperm production.
- Soy consumption. Soy is an estrogenic commodity, which can cause lower testosterone production. The recent studies found out that consuming half serving of soy can cause detrimental effect to sperm production. Soy products contain isoflavones, which work similarly to that estrogen.
- Smoking. Smoking leads to body exposure to chemicals. If you do not want to harm your sperm, make it possible to quit smoking. One study revealed that smokers have 22% fewer sperm. Marijuana smoking effect is similar to that of regular cigarette smoking.
The habits above will only cause negative effects to your healthy semen production. Besides improving your semen health, preventing all of them will also lead to your overall wellness.